Did you just find you that you have Hypothyroid? Are you looking for some natural ways to re-balance your thyroid? I’ve worked with countless patients and have developed these natural dietary changes that can help stimulate and normalize thyroid production.
For those who don’t know, the thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland located at the front of your throat, and is critical for regulating your metabolism. When the thyroid is unbalanced, one can suffer from a hypothyroid state (too little hormone). If these hormones are deficient, all of the thyroid processes slow down. Symptoms can include feeling cold, low energy, mood swings, weight gain, and trouble concentrating.
Health professionals have yet to figure out a cure for Hypothyroidism, but I have developed these 6 tried and true tips to feel better naturally!
2. Eat 3 raw brazil nuts daily: these are high in selenium, another mineral that is important for thyroid support.
3. Eat a handful of raw pumpkin seeds daily: high in iron, zinc and magnesium, these too support the thyroid gland.
4. Minimize grains that contain gluten: they have been implicated in autoimmune thyroid conditions.
5. Consider taking a multivitamin and mineral supplements: to ensure you are getting basic doses of essential nutrients such as selenium, magnesium, chromium, and b-complex.
6. Compresses: try applying hot and cold compresses. Start with hot and apply for 1 min, alternating with 20 sec of cold. repeat rotation 3 times, always ending with cold. This stimulates the thyroid.
If you think you have thyroid problems, be sure to cover all the bases and visit a doctor to ensure you receive the right diagnosis!
You might enjoy some of my health-supportive recipes!
Note: PLEASE consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet or medications. The material on this site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.