Whether you are on the Further Food 10 Day Sugar Detox Plan or just trying to cut out sugar, did you know that moving your feet is one of the best ways to get your mind off of sugar cravings? In fact, one study showed that walking for just 15 minutes helped people who were overweight at least temporarily reduce cravings for high-calorie, sugary snacks. Want some fun hacks to get your step count up? Here are five great ways to help you get excited about walking!
1. Love your walking shoes: If I keep my bright neon pink walking shoes near my door it reminds me to walk. How could you pass up putting on neon shoes and going for a stroll? My neon shoes call me to put them on! Also make sure that your feet are comfortable. A pair of comfy shoes will motivate you to pick up your feet and get walking.
2. Walk to your favorite music: My favorite walking song is “Uptown Funk” by Bruno Mars. Turn it on and I’ll walk 500 steps easily.
3. Wear a step counter: Tracking the number of steps you take each day is a great way to motivate yourself to walk more. Add up the number of steps you take every Sunday and push yourself to beat that number the next week.
4. Walk your kids to school: Take a look at the things you do each day. Could you walk instead of drive? Walking your kiddos to school is a wonderful way to spend time with them while getting in your steps. Don’t have little ones? How about arriving ten minutes early to an appointment and walking around the parking lot or block? Just getting in a few more steps here or there throughout the day really adds up.
5. Walk while you’re on the phone: Pace your home or office while you’re on a conference call. Or, dial up an old friend you haven’t talked to and walk around your living room or backyard while you catch up.
6. Sign up for the Further Food 10 Day Sugar Detox Plan? You'll get a detailed Ebook with more than 30 sugar free recipes, meal plan and lots more. You'll also get daily videos from our Sugar Detox experts with tips on how to stay sugar free. It's the perfect compliment to your walking routine. Learn more here.
7. Make sure you join the Further Food Sugar Detox Facebook group-you'll get lots of support from other detoxers and the Sugar Detox Experts. Join here.
Want to read more?