No holiday is complete without holiday cookies for Santa, or for your friends and family. Here at Further Food, we’ve taken several cookie recipes that your holidays couldn’t live without, and converted them to healthier, allergen free versions, so that you can leave your feasts lighter, satisfied, and without an allergic reaction. Also, wrap a dozen in a sparkly bag or nice reusable tin for a great edible gift!
1. Ginger Snap: Ok, gingerbread man, you’re adorable but with all that icing loaded on and refined sugars and flours, I think it’s time to break up. I’m leaving you, for these ginger snaps. They have all the warming winter flavors I crave, but kept healthy with whole grain spelt flour, and great digestive spices like ginger. Sorry dude, better luck next year.
2. Almond-Butter Oat Cookies: Oh sugar cookie, I’ve loved you so! But you’re just not right for me anymore. You’re being replaced, with almond-butter oat cookies. These cookies are made with whole oat flour, almond butter, and coconut oil, and I promise, they will take you there. By there I mean the holiday cookie oasis we all seek. Swoon.
3. Chocolate Bark: Dear Chocolate Holiday Bark, every year you’re the last to grace my holiday table, and every year, I simply can’t resist you, but you’re overly sweet, filled with junk, and quite frankly, makes me feel ill. It’s time you had a makeover: featuring popped amaranth grains, toasted almonds, sea-salt, and 70% dark chocolate full of known antioxidants, this bark is looking out for me, and never leaves me feeling ill!
4. Chocolate Chia Crunch Cookies Who doesn’t love chocolate! But lots of chocolate cookies are full of sugar and other not-so good for you ingredients. These chocolate chia cookies are loaded with superfoods and make a great holiday treat! With the protein, fiber and antioxidants, this is a treat you won’t feel guilty about serving or eating!
5. Cranberry Pecan Breakfast Cookies Tis the season for cranberries! How about putting some in a healthy cookie that can be a great breakfast on the go or mid-afternoon snack? These delicious cookies are made with no gluten or soy and have lots of fiber and healthy fats. You might not be able to stop at just one!
Note: PLEASE consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet or medications. The material on this site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
BE HEALTHY EVERY DAY WITH FURTHER FOOD COLLAGEN! LEARN MORE HERE