Foods I Love:
Foods I Avoid:
My Recipes & Articles
- Simple Blueberry Crisp on August 21, 2017
- Lemon Bars on May 21, 2016
- Cranberry Clementine Biscotti on January 1, 2016
- Pumpkin Bread on December 12, 2015
- Flourless Chocolate Cake on December 7, 2015
- Zucchini Lasagna (vegan) on October 18, 2015
- Protein Bars on October 5, 2015
- Strawberry Corn Muffins on October 4, 2015
- Carrot Juice on October 3, 2015
- Pumpkin Granola on September 1, 2015
- Rolled Sugar Cookies on August 21, 2015
It was during my junior year in college, studying Food Service Management: Baking & Pastry Arts at Johnson & Wales University in Providence, Rhode Island, that I was diagnosed with Celiacs Disease. It was such a relief to finally know what was wrong after feeling horrible for way too long. After being diagnosed, it was also concluded that I have issues with dairy and high fodmap foods. Using my foundational skills from my culinary education I was able to begin my journey of turning recipes into products that were safe for others and me!
I am now a holistic chef, culinary arts educator, a gluten free specialist, certified in allergen food safety from The Hamptons, New York. My approach to food is to cook and “enjoy again” from healthy, organic, natural, local, wholesome ingredients. My craft includes cooking and baking gluten free, dairy free, fodmap free, vegan, vegetarian, nut free, legume free, and berry free. I received my Masters in the Art of Teaching Culinary Arts and her Bachelors in Food Service Management: Baking & Pastry Arts from Johnson & Wales University- Providence, Rhode Island. My training and education has equipped me with extensive knowledge to help others enjoy food again! See my website here: www.christinacassel.weebly.com to check out what I’m cooking up!