Fruit-sweetened and made without any of the top 8 allergens, these cookies are an addicting morning treat!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Denine Rogers
Allergen-Free Breakfast Cookies
½ pound ripe bananas (about 1 cup mashed)
½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
2 tablespoons palm shortening
2 ounces pitted dates (about 3 or 4)
1/3 cup coconut flour
2 heaping tablespoons of Further Food Collagen
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice
½ cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
2 tablespoons raisins
1. Preheat the oven to 350 ̊F.
2. Place the bananas, applesauce, shortening, and dates in a food processor and puree until smooth, about 30 seconds
3. Add the coconut flour, collagen, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda and lemon juice and pulse 5 or 6 times to combine.
4. Add the remaining ingredients and pulse twice to incorporate.
5. Spoon golf-ball-size balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
6. Flatten the balls slightly with the back of a spatula.
7. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until cookies are browned all over and slightly firm to the touch.
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...
By Ruby Arter
Meatballs are a crowd pleaser. These take 10 minutes to assemble and require minimal attention while cooking. We often have a batch of these in the freezer, ready to reheat. They’re low FODMAP and gluten free and are best enjoyed with rice, glut...