1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and place baking sheet inside to pre-heat with the oven
2. Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat until translucent and cooked through
3. In a large bowl mix to combine salmon, roasted carrots, egg, matzoh meal, herbs, onion and garlic mixture, and mustard
4. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper
5. Remove baking sheet from oven and grease with olive oil
6. Form salmon mixture into small patties or croquette shapes and place on greased baking sheet
7. Brush croquettes with olive oil
8. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until a brown crust forms on one side, flip and cook another 2 minutes
9. Serve with a dollop of horseradish, just like traditional gefilte fish
Note: This recipe can also be made by pan-frying the croquettes. But roasting is faster with less hands-on time. And we all need time savers during the holidays!
*For Passover, you can use the kosher for Passover mustard or leave it out.