This tastes incredible! Allergy friendly and following an auto immune protocol diet doesn’t mean missing out on dessert! It’s sure to satisfy that sweet tooth and it can even be made raw.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Dianne Rishikof, MS, RDN, LDN
Banoffie -Banana Coconut Cream- Pie (AIP, Paleo)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup Medjool dates or dried dates (softened in hot water for twenty minutes)
2 large bananas (ripe)
1 cup of dates (softened for at least an hour in hot water to make the texture mushy)
1 tin coconut cream
1 teaspoon gelatin
1/2 cup water (warm)
1. Preheat oven to 180C/350F (for baked version).
2. Line a shallow cake tin.
3. In a food processor, whizz together base ingredients for one minute, scrape sides and whizz again for a further minute.
4. Knuckle the mix into the cake tin, making sure there are no cracks where it may split.
5. Leave raw or bake. To bake – place in the fridge for 15 min to set, bake for 15 minutes, then place in fridge again.
1. In a food processor, whizz together bananas and dates.
2. Add in coconut cream and whizz again.
3. Melt the gelatin by mixing it with warm water and whizz.
4. Pour carefully into base, it will be very watery.
5. Set in the fridge for about 5 hours then enjoy!
You Might Also Like
The perfect easy, healthy summer dessert recipe. These s’mores cookie cups are ready in just 15 minutes. A cookie base topped with melted chocolate and fluffy marshmallows. They’re a great indoor s’mores recipe if you don’t have access to a b...
I love what I do, but I’ll be honest that it requires a lot of energy. Coaching, encouraging people over a microphone, bumping loud music in the perfect high intensity moment of a workout – it all requires me to be “on” for extended periods o...
This Keto-lover's dessert is a powerhouse for the holiday season. The star of this recipe: Further Food Premium Gelatin! Gelatin is the perfect addition to any dessert, while also adding a ton of health benefits to support skin, hair, nails...
I may or may not have a collagen obsession lately, but luckily for me, that’s a GOOD thing. Plus, who wouldn’t want this chocolate chip cookie dough collagen made with Further Food Collagen for one?? I’ll say it now and I will also gladly sa...
By Lillian Zhao
There’s something about a warm bowl of oats that is so comforting, any time of year! When I’ve got time, I like to bake my oats, because it makes the kitchen smell incredible and it tastes so indulgent while being very nutritious. Oats are very c...
By Lillian Zhao
I love these immunity-boosting elderberry plus citrus gummy bears! There's no better way to ward of winter colds AND enjoy a tasty snack than these easy to make and super healthy for you elderberry gummies. The Further Food Gelatin is key in helping ...