Who doesn’t love an easy to whip up breakfast that feels like a gourmet brunch you’d get out at a restaurant? This Blueberry Chocolate Pancake Skillet is exactly that. Despite breakfast being such an important meal, we often are on-the-go and either skip it or make something super disappointing (and not filling or healthy) like a piece of toast. Now this recipe isn’t necessarily healthy. It does have chocolate in the name after all! However, it is so satisfying and great for a weekend breakfast treat, or for a fun breakfast to make for your family.
Why you’ll love these Blueberry Chocolate Pancakes:
- It’s quick & easy – only taking 35 minutes to prepare
- It’s gluten-friendly & vegan
- Gourmet taste without the hassle (or price tag of eating out)
- Kid-friendly – they’ll eat these babies up
- Made with ingredients we all have in our cupboards
- Great to make-ahead and heat up the next day
- No mess or fuss like your traditional pancakes
This pancake skillet is so easy to make. What I love is that you can mix up the ingredients in your bowls (one for dry ingredients, one for wet, then mix together), and instead of having to stand over your stove making pancakes for a group or your family, you can just toss it into your cast iron pan and throw it into the oven. When it’s done, you can enjoy it just like a pizza. It’s easy, it looks impressive, and it tastes damn good.
If you are a traditional pancake or waffle lover or don’t have a cast-iron pan, you can use this batter to make whatever you wish.