This chocolate frosty smoothie could be eaten for breakfast or dessert.. its that good! What makes it even better is that it’s totally healthy for you!
What makes it healthy:
- Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! The tiny seeds contain so many nutrients like calcium, manganese, magnesium, and phosphorus. They are an excellent source of fiber, protein, and fat, namely heart healthy omega-3 fats. And if all of that doesn’t make them great enough, they are also an excellent source of antioxidants! Those antioxidants protect the delicate omega-3 fats from going rancid.
- Cacao powder comes from cacao beans. In comparison to coco powder, the cacao is the raw and unprocessed coco bean. Meaning, you get all those benefits! They are an excellent source of a class of antioxidants called polyphenols. Polyphenols are also found in fruits, vegetables, tea, and wine. They help protect our bodies from toxins and age-related diseases.
- Soy milk compared to cows milk has about half the calories with similar nutrient composition. It is great for your bone health. Make sure you are choosing organic soy milk. Soy is one of the largest GMO crops in the United States.
- Bananas are one of the world’s most popular fruits for a reason! Not only are they delicious, but they are loaded with nutrients! They contain important nutrients like potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C, magnesium, copper, manganese, and some fiber!
- Further Food Chocolate Collagen plus Reishi Mushroom is great for your gut health! The collagen is good for your skin, hair, nails, and bones! This is another source of that super healthy cacao! It is also made with cancer fighting reishi mushrooms. Reishi has been used in Chinese culture for many years to help promote optimal health.
This chocolate frosty could be eaten for breakfast or dessert.. its that good! What makes it even better is that it’s totally healthy for you! Made with frozen bananas and nutrient rich chocolate collagen!
Recipe and photo exclusive to Rosemary Squires. For permission to reuse or share, please contact Rosemary directly at https://www.thehintofrosemary.com/