Today’s recipe is the perfect healthy fast food. It’s packed with protein and healthy fat to keep you full and comes together in less than 30 minutes. The coconut quinoa is comforting and belly-warming, while the lentils and veggies give a salty, spicy kick. Plus, get tons of anti-inflammatory benefits and tons of flavor by adding a scoop of our Superfood Turmeric! I hope you enjoy!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Colleen Sideck, RDN, LDN
Weeknight Coconut Quinoa and Lentils
1/2 red onion, chopped
1.5 cups mushrooms, chopped
2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
1.5 cups dry quinoa
1.5 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 cup water
1.5 cups cooked lentils (canned or frozen)
1 tablespoon tamari (gluten-free soy sauce)
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric or 1 teaspoon Superfood Turmeric
1 teaspoon chili powder
1. Clean and chop red onions, mushrooms, and spinach.
2. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil over medium heat. Add red onions.
3. In a separate pot, combine dry quinoa, coconut milk, and water. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 10-13 minutes or until quinoa is soft and fluffy. Stir as needed.
4. Add the mushrooms and lentils to the onion skillet. Stir in tamari. After a few minutes, add fresh spinach. Remove from heat and stir until spinach is fully wilted.
5. When quinoa is cooked, stir in garlic powder, curry powder, Superfood Turmeric, and chili powder. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
6. Serve lentils and veggies on top of the quinoa or combine all of it into a pot. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 420; Total Fat: 6 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 324 mg; Potassium: 338 mg; Carbohydrate: 33 g; Fiber: 8 g; Sugar: 1 g; Protein: 10 g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit A: 24%; Iron: 22%; Calcium: 15%;Vitamin C: 7%;
You Might Also Like
A few days ago I went to a family dinner to a nice restaurant in Aarhus (Denmark) and one of the side dishes immediately caught my attention. Mostly because it looked plant paradox compliant but also because I love cabbage. It was cabbage and tahini ...
I am super excited to share this Immune Boosting Soothing Elderberry Tea recipe made with Further Food Elderberry Syrup because it’s so easy yet so delicious! This is the perfect warming remedy for fall and winter. I love to cozy up on my couch and...
The perfect easy, healthy summer dessert recipe. These s’mores cookie cups are ready in just 15 minutes. A cookie base topped with melted chocolate and fluffy marshmallows. They’re a great indoor s’mores recipe if you don’t have access to a b...
By Dr. Taz, MD
Who wouldn’t want to come home to this! Just place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the skin and cook up a quick pot of rice or quinoa. You have a healthy, hearty meal for very little effort. Save the bones to make a delicio...
I love what I do, but I’ll be honest that it requires a lot of energy. Coaching, encouraging people over a microphone, bumping loud music in the perfect high intensity moment of a workout – it all requires me to be “on” for extended periods o...
This Keto-lover's dessert is a powerhouse for the holiday season. The star of this recipe: Further Food Premium Gelatin! Gelatin is the perfect addition to any dessert, while also adding a ton of health benefits to support skin, hair, nails...