You will never miss eating mashed potatoes now that you can have deliciously creamy cauliflower bacon mash instead! A wonderful, low-carb swap for ordinary mashed potatoes.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Emily Cooper, RD, LD
Easy, Creamy Cauliflower Bacon Mash
1⁄2 pound pastured, uncured bacon, diced
3⁄4 to 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
4 tablespoons grass-fed unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Bulletproof Brain Octane oil (or MCT or coconut oil)
1⁄2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. In a large skillet, lightly cook the bacon over medium-low heat. Do not let it get crispy (keep those fats intact) and do not let the fat smoke.
2. Set the bacon aside and reserve the fat in the pan.
3. In a pot fitted with a steamer insert, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a high-powered blender, blend three-fourths of the cauliflower with the butter, oil, vinegar, and salt to taste.
5. Stir in the bacon and remaining cauliflower.
6. Pulse the mixture until chunky. For amazing flavor, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat (as long as it didn’t smoke when you were cooking the bacon at a low temperature).
Calories: 480; Total Fat: 41 g; Saturated Fat: 25 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 93 mg; Sodium: 1488 mg; Potassium: 551 mg; Carbohydrate: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugar: 2 g; Protein: 24 g
Vitamin C: 103%; Vit A: 10%; Iron: 4%; Calcium: 10%
You Might Also Like
By Casey Giltner, Nutritionist
In a moment of panic, with a rapidly browning turkey in the oven, and friends coming to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday in mere hours, I realized that I had forgotten to pick up a turkey baster. A cursory glance in the fridge led me to six-pack of...
By Eddie McNamara
I made this with dinner last night and it was so good I was going to save it for the book, but forget that; I need to be a good Socialist and redistribute the wealth of my Brussels Sprouts game. I could live on those little cabbages alone. If they’...
These low carb keto Garlic Herb Biscuits are so flavorful and dense, you won’t believe they are healthy! They take less than 20 minutes to make and are gluten-free, keto, and low carb. I am super pumped to share this on my blog today! I first sa...
Matcha lattes are popping up on coffee and tea menus everywhere. While the presentation is often so fancy, in reality matcha lattes are easy to make. Just mix matcha with hot water and whisk well. Then add heated milk and sweetener of your choice an...
By Jessica Remmers
I love sushi! Eating vegan definitely doesn't mean you need to give up amazing sushi. I used to love going and getting sushi but discovered just how quick and easy it is to make at home. Now I make this all the time because it satisfies my craving, i...
By Justyna Zawadzka
Apples and peanut butter are such a great and healthy snack. Why not make a smoothie out of this delicious combo and make it into a breakfast smoothie. It's creamy, sweet and a quick breakfast option. The Further Food Collagen provides lots of benefi...