You will never miss eating mashed potatoes now that you can have deliciously creamy cauliflower bacon mash instead! A wonderful, low-carb swap for ordinary mashed potatoes.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Emily Cooper, RD, LD
Easy, Creamy Cauliflower Bacon Mash
1⁄2 pound pastured, uncured bacon, diced
3⁄4 to 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
4 tablespoons grass-fed unsalted butter
2 tablespoons Bulletproof Brain Octane oil (or MCT or coconut oil)
1⁄2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. In a large skillet, lightly cook the bacon over medium-low heat. Do not let it get crispy (keep those fats intact) and do not let the fat smoke.
2. Set the bacon aside and reserve the fat in the pan.
3. In a pot fitted with a steamer insert, bring water to a boil. Add the cauliflower, cover, and steam until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4. In a high-powered blender, blend three-fourths of the cauliflower with the butter, oil, vinegar, and salt to taste.
5. Stir in the bacon and remaining cauliflower.
6. Pulse the mixture until chunky. For amazing flavor, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat (as long as it didn’t smoke when you were cooking the bacon at a low temperature).
Calories: 480; Total Fat: 41 g; Saturated Fat: 25 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 93 mg; Sodium: 1488 mg; Potassium: 551 mg; Carbohydrate: 6 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugar: 2 g; Protein: 24 g
Vitamin C: 103%; Vit A: 10%; Iron: 4%; Calcium: 10%
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
By Mackenzie Burgess
This Massaged Kale Salad with Chicken is the perfect, protein-packed dish. Featuring fall produce of your choice so you can customize with your favorites. Add this recipe to your meal prep routine, holiday table, or party platter!...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...