I am notoriously awful at making up my own gluten-free cookie recipes. After many attempts, some okay and some straight up bad, I finally perfected my gluten-free cookie. I think I can honestly attribute the perfect texture to the collagen!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Paige Geimer
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Collagen Cookies
1 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup vanilla bean ghee (or butter)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (3 if not using vanilla ghee)
1 cup almond flour
1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 scoops of Further Food Collagen Peptides
Pinch of salt
Large handful of dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Beat sugar, oil, and ghee together until light and fluffy
3. Add in vanilla extract and egg. Beat until well incorporated and fluffy – ideally you’d like it to be lighter in color and a bit airy
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flours, salt, collagen peptides, and baking soda.
5. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the chocolate chips.
6. The dough will be pretty wet – but roll into one inch balls and place a couple inches apart on a greased baking sheet.
7. Pop the baking sheet in the freezer for about 10 minutes, or in the fridge for about 20-30.
8. Bake for 10-11 minutes (13-14 if you prefer crispier cookies). Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool a little more and enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 156; Total Fat: 10 g; Saturated Fat: 6 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 21 mg; Sodium: 93 mg; Potassium: 5 mg; Carbohydrate: 19 g; Fiber: 0 g; Sugar: 13 g; Protein: 2 g
Vitamin C: 0%; Vitamin A: 0%; Iron: 1%; Calcium: 1%
You Might Also Like
Life is just zooming by and I'm frantically trying to catch up. Anyone else?! Yeah, you're not alone. Here's a little reminder for the both of us (cause I sure as heck need it too): slow down. Everything that is meant for you, will be there for you. ...
How does a nice tall subtly sweet, seriously creamy, perfectly spiced, secretly healthy, Golden Spiced Vanilla Latte sound? You guys, this smoothie, is anything but “vanilla” ! It pretty much tastes like gingerbread soft serve and I am here for...
I really, like REALLY REALLY, love pizza but as I’ve stated before it’s usually a pretty heavy meal and I’m not so much a fan of that “I ate way too much!” feeling. So, I’m all about converting my favorite dishes into lighter and healthie...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...