This tasty tuna is a heart health bonanza. High in Omega-3, potassium, manganese, zinc, vitamin C and selenium.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Camryn Goldstein
Grilled Sesame Lime Tuna (Low Carb, Dairy-Free)
4 Tuna steaks, 1 inch thick
4 tablespoons lime juice
3 tablespoons soy sauce
4 garlic cloves, crushed
4 teaspoons ginger, grated
3 teaspoons sesame oil
2 teaspoons chili pepper, diced
2 teaspoons sugar
grill pan or grill
- Whisk ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over fish and turn to coat. Cover and let marinade for 30 minutes at room temperature or 1 hour in the refrigerator, turning fish over once or twice and spooning marinade over.
- Remove from marinade and reduce a little to make the glaze.
- Pat the steaks dry and oil the grill.
- Grill on medium-high about 2 minutes on each side for medium rare.
Per Serving: Calories: 98; Total Fat: 4 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 11 mg; Sodium: 453 mg; Potassium: 222 mg; Carbohydrate: 9 g; Fiber: 0 g; Sugar: 3 g; Protein: 8 g
Vitamin C: 29%; Vitamin A: 1%; Iron: 2%; Calcium: 1%