Protein is a crucial part of any diet. A building block for just about every part of your body, protein makes it possible for organs and limbs to grow, bones and muscles to heal, and much more. We developed this Korean Chili Spiced Skirt Steak recipe for our clients who like it spicy!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Camryn Goldstein
Korean Chili Spiced Steak (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), plus more for serving
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill
3 tablespoons plus ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 medium red onion, halved through root end
1 skirt steak (about 1 pound), halved crosswise
Warm tortillas (optional)
1. Combine gochujang, oil, and vinegar in a large resealable plastic bag.
2. Add a generous pinch of salt and grate in half of onion on the large holes of a box grater.
3. Add steak and seal bag, pressing out air, then rub steak to coat; chill at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
4.Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining half of onion and combine in a large bowl with remaining ½ cup vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let sit until onion is softened, at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours; drain.
5. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Remove steak from bag, letting excess marinade drip off; discard marinade. Grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred on the outside and medium-rare in the thickest part, 4–6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
6. Season meat with more salt and serve with tortillas, pickled onion, and more gochujang.
7. Serve with pickled onions and flour tortillas warmed according to package directions.
Per Serving: Calories: 481; Total Fat: 17 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 24 mg; Sodium: 973 mg; Potassium: 117 mg; Carbohydrate: 19 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugar: 16 g; Protein: 9 g
Vitamin C: 0%; Vitamin A: 0%; Iron: 2%; Calcium: 0%
You Might Also Like
A few days ago I went to a family dinner to a nice restaurant in Aarhus (Denmark) and one of the side dishes immediately caught my attention. Mostly because it looked plant paradox compliant but also because I love cabbage. It was cabbage and tahini ...
I am super excited to share this Immune Boosting Soothing Elderberry Tea recipe made with Further Food Elderberry Syrup because it’s so easy yet so delicious! This is the perfect warming remedy for fall and winter. I love to cozy up on my couch and...
The perfect easy, healthy summer dessert recipe. These s’mores cookie cups are ready in just 15 minutes. A cookie base topped with melted chocolate and fluffy marshmallows. They’re a great indoor s’mores recipe if you don’t have access to a b...
By Dr. Taz, MD
Who wouldn’t want to come home to this! Just place the chicken under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp the skin and cook up a quick pot of rice or quinoa. You have a healthy, hearty meal for very little effort. Save the bones to make a delicio...
I love what I do, but I’ll be honest that it requires a lot of energy. Coaching, encouraging people over a microphone, bumping loud music in the perfect high intensity moment of a workout – it all requires me to be “on” for extended periods o...
This Keto-lover's dessert is a powerhouse for the holiday season. The star of this recipe: Further Food Premium Gelatin! Gelatin is the perfect addition to any dessert, while also adding a ton of health benefits to support skin, hair, nails...