Protein is a crucial part of any diet. A building block for just about every part of your body, protein makes it possible for organs and limbs to grow, bones and muscles to heal, and much more. We developed this Korean Chili Spiced Skirt Steak recipe for our clients who like it spicy!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Camryn Goldstein
Korean Chili Spiced Steak (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
3 tablespoons gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste), plus more for serving
3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for grill
3 tablespoons plus ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
1 medium red onion, halved through root end
1 skirt steak (about 1 pound), halved crosswise
Warm tortillas (optional)
1. Combine gochujang, oil, and vinegar in a large resealable plastic bag.
2. Add a generous pinch of salt and grate in half of onion on the large holes of a box grater.
3. Add steak and seal bag, pressing out air, then rub steak to coat; chill at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
4.Meanwhile, thinly slice remaining half of onion and combine in a large bowl with remaining ½ cup vinegar and a pinch of salt. Let sit until onion is softened, at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours; drain.
5. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat; oil grate. Remove steak from bag, letting excess marinade drip off; discard marinade. Grill, turning once or twice, until lightly charred on the outside and medium-rare in the thickest part, 4–6 minutes, depending on the thickness of the meat. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes before thinly slicing against the grain.
6. Season meat with more salt and serve with tortillas, pickled onion, and more gochujang.
7. Serve with pickled onions and flour tortillas warmed according to package directions.
Per Serving: Calories: 481; Total Fat: 17 g; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1 g; Cholesterol: 24 mg; Sodium: 973 mg; Potassium: 117 mg; Carbohydrate: 19 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugar: 16 g; Protein: 9 g
Vitamin C: 0%; Vitamin A: 0%; Iron: 2%; Calcium: 0%
You Might Also Like
Crispy on the outside, chewy in the middle, and filled with all that sweet lemon flavor! These lemon glazed cookies are the perfect gluten-free treat for spring! When it comes to desserts, I’m usually a chocolate girl all the way. But with sprin...
Funny story: I used to be terrified to make ceviche at home. I would always order it out at restaurants and loved having it at friend’s houses, but making it on own?? That was a no-go! That was until I had a homemade version and saw that it really ...
By Amanda Appell
I cannot get enough chocolate! I wanted to create a healthy “superfood” chocolate that was dairy-free, gluten-free, with no guilt associated!...
By Karen Tayeh, Nutritionist
Since diabetes, whether its gestational, Type I or Type II, involves lowering carb intake and increasing healthy lean protein and healthy fats, this meal does it all! One serving of this chicken dish equals less than 15g of carbohydrate (most of i...
By Hillary Bergh
I love chicken wings. Who doesn't? Chiles are a no-go for me, so I opt for the heat of ginger and a little lime. If I'm headed for a picnic or potluck, these are my default, along with a big chopped salad. I also often make these at home for movie ni...
If you’re looking for an easy, plant based dinner this recipe is for you! We’re slowly starting to add more plant based recipes into our dinner rotation over here. I’m much better at adding plant based breakfasts or lunches into our weekly meal...