Plum and Nectarine Jello is a soothing, healthy, easy breakfast, snack, or dessert. It is diabetic friendly and perfect for the hot summer days!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Heather Goesch, MPH, RDN, LDN
Plum and Nectarine Gelatin Pudding
1 large nectarine
2 small plums
2 tablespoons Further Food Gelatin
1/2 cup water (room temp)
2 cups boiling water
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup raw honey
1/2 cup coconut cream
1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Purée the fruit in your blender, until it is as smooth as possible. Set it aside.
- Dissolve the gelatin in the room temperature water.
- Pour in the boiling water and stir well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, including your fruit purée, and stir it until everything is well combined.
- Pour the jello into the bowls or cups you’d like to serve it in, then set it in the fridge to set up. It will naturally separate a bit, as you see in my pictures. If you don’t like the separation replace the coconut cream with almond milk.
- Let the jellos set up in the fridge for 2-3 hours. Enjoy!!!!
Per Serving: Calories: 157; Total Fat: 5g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 44mg; Potassium: 114mg; Carbohydrate: 26g; Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 24g; Protein: 3g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit C: 10%
You Might Also Like
By Jessica Flanigan
Who doesn’t love a great pumpkin dessert? I made these the night before a little dinner party I was having, and wanted to make something that no one would guess is AIP. I decided on organic apple butter as a secret sweetening ingredient for my pump...
Eggs are a staple in our house. Because of their incredible versatility we often enjoy them multiple times a week and for any meal. They’re an excellent vehicle for incorporating more greens into our diet as well. These days, we’re making an even...
These Fudgy No-Bake Collagen Brownie Bites are just what you need to satisfy your chocolate cravings and give your body the protein it needs to support your body. These protein balls are dairy-free, low carb, and sugar-free! You can’t beat a no-...
Life is just zooming by and I'm frantically trying to catch up. Anyone else?! Yeah, you're not alone. Here's a little reminder for the both of us (cause I sure as heck need it too): slow down. Everything that is meant for you, will be there for you. ...
How does a nice tall subtly sweet, seriously creamy, perfectly spiced, secretly healthy, Golden Spiced Vanilla Latte sound? You guys, this smoothie, is anything but “vanilla” ! It pretty much tastes like gingerbread soft serve and I am here for...
I really, like REALLY REALLY, love pizza but as I’ve stated before it’s usually a pretty heavy meal and I’m not so much a fan of that “I ate way too much!” feeling. So, I’m all about converting my favorite dishes into lighter and healthie...