Taste the real flavor of autumn in this Pumpkin Spiced Latte. While keeping yourself fully awake, you will be able to enjoy the sweetness of the season, in a rich hot drink. Pumpkin spice is not only the most popular flavor of the fall, it is also a nutrient-packed mix of earthy spices, like cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg. And now you can enjoy it right in the comfort of your home! This creamy latte, boosted with collagen protein for bone-strengthening and skin-soothing qualities, is a go-to source of vitamin A and calcium. Make several batches and it will be your number one drink for the whole season—or year!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Emily Cooper
Pumpkin Spice Latte
2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (divided)
Dash of freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons sugar
2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
1 heaping tablespoon (1 scoop) Further Collagen
1/4 cup espresso
- Heat the pumpkin and spices: In a small saucepan over medium heat, cook the pumpkin with the pumpkin pie spice and a generous helping of black pepper for 2 minutes or until it’s hot and smells cooked. Stir constantly.
- Stir in the sugar: Add the sugar and stir until the mixture looks like a bubbly thick syrup.
- Warm the milk: Whisk in the milk and vanilla extract. Warm gently over medium heat, watching carefully to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Collagen: Add the collagen protein while mixing.
- Blend the milk: Carefully process the milk mixture with a hand blender or in a traditional blender (hold the lid down tightly with a thick wad of towels!) until frothy and blended.
- Mix the drinks: Make the espresso or coffee and divide between two mugs and add the frothed milk. Top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, or nutmeg if desired.
Calories: 269; Total Fat: 8 g; Saturated Fat: 5 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 3 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 35 mg; Sodium: 125 mg; Potassium: 90 mg; Carbohydrate: 27 g; Fiber: 1 g; Sugar: 25 g; Protein: 16 g
Nutrition Bonus: Calcium: 31%; Vit A: 54%; Iron: 2%; Vit C: 6%;
Feed Your Friends... Share This Recipe Today
Feel Amazing Everyday
with Further Collagen
- Lose weight
- Reverse aging
- Strenghten bones and joints
You Might Also Like
By Nicole Brownie
Perfect protein packed fall treat for when you are craving something sweet....
By Cameron Linville
Want to feel like you are eating breakfast out of a Pintrest board even though you have zero idea how to DIY anything? This breakfast will help you achieve that goal. It will also make you feel the emotions every millennial female strives to capture ...
By Erica Winn
As the seasons change and we shift into fall, soups and stews start to sound more and more delicious. There is something comforting and warming about a good chili, and we love this Paleo squash chili because it is full of fall flavors, textures and c...
By Stephanie Dodier CNP
Low carb... what does it mean? Simple reducing your daily intake of carbohydrate in your recipe and diet. This mean ditching grains, flours, bread, cookies, crackers... Yikes! Can you really go for the rest of your life without bread? Likely not and...
By Brittney Gingrich
I like to make eating healthy easy and this recipe is easy to make and only takes a short amount of time. I also love peanut butter and bananas, so this peanut butter banana oat cookie is a perfect nutritious sweet tooth snack!...
By Jaclyn Sklaver
I created this Chocolate Avocado Pudding recipe to fulfill my chocolate cravings while increasing my daily fiber intake and protein. It is perfect for any diet protocol, gluten free, high in fiber, low in carbs, filling and loaded with micronutrients...