It’s that time of year again, when everyone goes crazy over pumpkin! You didn’t think I’d let fall go by without getting in on the pumpkin craze, did you?
I’m a huge fan of autumn. Crisp cool air, colourful leaves, a warm tea and a pumpkin treat in hand, what’s not to love?
If you’ve been following me for awhile you know I’m also a huge fan of treat recipes that are simultaneously healing like these Salted Caramel Pumpkin Spice Collagen Balls!
Why I Love This Recipe:
– Easy to make – throw ingredients in a blender, blend and roll into balls. No baking required!
– Includes healthy fat from the coconut oil, protein from the collagen, and resistant starch from the tigernut flour. All ingredients that will prevent blood sugar spikes! Note my fave collagen is from Further Food.
– No coconut fibre. Coconut is a great substitute but it can also cause digestive upset in some sensitive folks. I know for myself I can only handle so much coconut fiber. So I’m loving that the only coconut product this recipe contains is coconut oil, which is usually well tolerated even in those who don’t tolerate the fiber.
– Great for kids: These are great as school snacks since they are completely nut free. Note: my kids preferred them without the flaked sea salt.
– On the go snack: Make ahead, store in fridge and grab when you need a quick snack!