Today I am so excited to share this recipe with you! This simple hearts of palm vegan tuna salad is probably one of the best meals I’ve created so far in this 5 1/2 years vegan. Besides being extremely healthy compared to a traditional tuna salad, it is so delicious and flavorful, all my non vegan friends, family and even patients have absolutely loved it (and I hope you do too)!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Colleen Sideck, RDN, LDN
Simple Hearts of Palm Vegan Tuna Salad
1 can hearts of palm, drained (or fresh if you find available)
1/3 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
2 celery sticks, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dulse flakes or other seaweed flakes
1/4 cup soaked raw cashews (for 3-4 hrs)
1/2 cup water
1/2 lime juice
sea salt to taste
- Blend your hearts of palm in a food processor or vitamix until you have a tuna-like consistency. You don’t have to blend too much.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the rest of the ingredients except for cashew cream. Mix and let it sit while you prepare the cream.
- Using a high speed blender, blend all the cream ingredients until you have a very creamy consistency. You might need to add more or less than 1/2 cup, depending on the nuts you’re using. Make sure it isn’t too watery or too thick, you want a creamy and rich consistency, mayonnaise-like.
- Transfer cream to salad and mix well. Add only as much cream as you want to, 2 large Tbsp will cover most of the salad, so add little by little as needed.
- Let it sit on the fridge for 10-15 minutes, so it can absorb the flavors and serve with your favorite baked corn tostadas, chips or make lettuce tacos with it!
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
By Mackenzie Burgess
This Massaged Kale Salad with Chicken is the perfect, protein-packed dish. Featuring fall produce of your choice so you can customize with your favorites. Add this recipe to your meal prep routine, holiday table, or party platter!...
By Further Food
Go back to those bright summer days with this Tropical Green Smoothie! Its vibrant colors and refreshing look go perfectly with its refreshing, light taste. A mix of antioxidant-rich tropical fruits like mangos, oranges and pineapples with heart-heal...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...