The inspiration for this dish came from when I used to work for Tessemae’s (aka the most awesome salad dressing/sauce company every) doing demos in Whole Foods. You know, those people that are always giving out samples? Yep, that was me. My favorite demo was when we would toss some raw cauliflower in the wing sauce and sauté it up for customers, and the sauce would literally fly off the shelves. So naturally, I had to recreate my own version of the dish. And jack it up a bit, like they say on Say Yes to the Dress.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Colleen Sideck, RDN, LDN
Spicy Buffalo & Bacon Roasted Cauliflower
1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
1 tablespoon avocado oil or melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Buffalo Sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
4 slices bacon, chopped into lardons (bacon bits!)
handful fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped, for serving
to serve: homemade ranch dressing and extra hot sauce!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss your cauliflower with oil and hot sauce in a medium-sized bowl with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the chopped bacon.
- Spread the cauliflower-bacon mixture onto a large cookie sheet.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. If you’d like to serve this with ranch dressing (which you really should!), now would be a good time to make it!
- If you’re like me and enjoy a little crisp on the cauliflower, turn the oven up to broil for a few minutes. But watch it! Broiling on high heat = burnt to a crisp cauliflower if you’re not careful and leave it for too long.
- Serve with chopped cilantro, extra hot sauce and ranch dressing, for dipping.
Per Serving: Calories: 106 ; Total Fat: 7 g; Saturated Fat: 2 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 7 mg; Sodium: 217 ; Potassium: 303 mg; Carbohydrate: 5 g; Fiber: 2 g; Sugar: 2 g; Protein: 4 g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit C: 85%; Vit A: 38 %; Iron: 6 %; Calcium: 2 %
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
By Mackenzie Burgess
This Massaged Kale Salad with Chicken is the perfect, protein-packed dish. Featuring fall produce of your choice so you can customize with your favorites. Add this recipe to your meal prep routine, holiday table, or party platter!...
By Further Food
Go back to those bright summer days with this Tropical Green Smoothie! Its vibrant colors and refreshing look go perfectly with its refreshing, light taste. A mix of antioxidant-rich tropical fruits like mangos, oranges and pineapples with heart-heal...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...