It truly is a glorious time to be gluten-free. Enjoy my sweet potato crust pizza topped with a spinach garlicky pesto, caramelized onions and roasted cherry tomatoes.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Nikki Nies, MS,RD, LD
Sweet Potato Pizza Crust with Spinach Pesto
For the crust:
2 large sweet potatoes
1 clove garlic
1 tablespoon chia seeds
3 tablespoons water
1 1/4 cup gluten free oat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
For the spinach pesto:
3 cups spinach
1 cup basil
3-4 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic
For the toppings:
1 onion + olive oil for caramelizing
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Use a fork to poke holes in sweet potatoes. Drizzle some coconut oil over sweet potatoes and 3 garlic cloves, and roast in oven for around 45 minutes (until tender).
3. Prepare chia egg by combining chia seeds and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
4. Peel sweet potatoes and combine with garlic, gluten free oat flour, almond flour,coconut oil,apple cider vinegar,dried oregano and thyme.
5. Add the chia egg and mix.
6. Spread out the pizza crust on a parchment-paper lined oven tray.
7. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
8. In processor,mix spinach, basil, olive oil and garlic to create thick pesto sauce.
9. Cut onion into thin slivers. Caramelize onion in pan for about 20 minutes (with olive oil on low heat).
10. Roast halved cherry tomatoes in 300 degree oven for 30 minutes until soft.
11. Add toppings onto pizza crust and cook for additional 10 minutes.
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
By Mackenzie Burgess
This Massaged Kale Salad with Chicken is the perfect, protein-packed dish. Featuring fall produce of your choice so you can customize with your favorites. Add this recipe to your meal prep routine, holiday table, or party platter!...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...
By balance with b
The first time I made the salmon burgers, I seared them in my cast iron for a few minutes on each side, ensuring crispy edges and a juicy middle. This time I decided to bake them in the oven, they were still really juicy and just as flavorful, but we...
By Ruby Arter
Meatballs are a crowd pleaser. These take 10 minutes to assemble and require minimal attention while cooking. We often have a batch of these in the freezer, ready to reheat. They’re low FODMAP and gluten free and are best enjoyed with rice, glut...
By Linda Cho
Bibimbap is the closest Korean food gets to a salad. It literally translates to "mixed rice". Traditionally, it is made with rice, mix of marinated vegetables, beef, sunny side egg and red bean paste. But it can really be any mix of ingredients and r...