The combination of crunchy cauliflower and mild Indian spices in this Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower Collagen Soup is mesmerizing. From curry powder to cumin, the various spices you can add to your soup gives it an exotic, earthy taste, as well as plenty of antioxidants to wash out free radicals from the body. Here is an example–just cumin can help prevent cancer and aid in digestion by stimulating the pancreas and intestines. The roasted cauliflower, aside from also providing antioxidants, is an incredible source of vitamin C and anti-inflammatories to strengthen the immune system. And we can’t deny that cauliflower, green beans and tomatoes are a colorful, delicious mix! In addition, by adding just four scoops of collagen, you can get smoother skin, stronger bones and muscles. This mouth-watering dish is a must for cold, lazy nights!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Katie Bishop
Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower Soup
8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (divided)
2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (divided)
1 teaspoon salt (divided)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 cups diced onion
1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon cumin
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 can tomatoes (diced & drained)
2 cups green beans (cut into bite-size pieces)
4 heaping tablespoons (4 scoops) Further Food Collagen
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
1 tablespoon Daily Turmeric Tonic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in large bowl an coat with nonstick spray.
- Add curry powder and salt to bowl and toss.
- Spread cauliflower on prepared pan and roast, stirring once half way through, about 30 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, heat coconut oil in large soup pot.
- Add onion and remaining salt. Cook, stirring often, until slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, ginger, mustard, cumin seeds and remaining curry powder.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining cauliflower florets and broth to pot, and increase heat to high to bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer (uncovered), until cauliflower is very soft, or about 15-20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup in pot.*
- Stir in tomatoes and green beans.
- Cook, uncovered, until green beans are tender, or about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, collagen and roasted cauliflower, and sprinkle with Daily Turmeric Tonic and basil.
*If using countertop blender, puree in batches.
Calories: 188; Total Fat: 4 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 1145 mg; Potassium: 720 mg; Carbohydrate: 30 g; Fiber: 9 g; Sugar: 14 g; Protein: 17 g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A: 9%; Iron: 13%; Calcium: 11%; Vitamin C: 211%;
You Might Also Like
I really, like REALLY REALLY, love pizza but as I’ve stated before it’s usually a pretty heavy meal and I’m not so much a fan of that “I ate way too much!” feeling. So, I’m all about converting my favorite dishes into lighter and healthie...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...
By Ruby Arter
Meatballs are a crowd pleaser. These take 10 minutes to assemble and require minimal attention while cooking. We often have a batch of these in the freezer, ready to reheat. They’re low FODMAP and gluten free and are best enjoyed with rice, glut...
A common thing I see in clients’ food logs is snacks that are dense in carbs and fat, but void of much protein. This Collagen Mint Chip Shake is the perfect way to bump up your protein intake with collagen peptides! This homemade protein shake is a...