1 pound beef bones (preferably from 100% grass-fed, pasture-raised cattle that are hormone and antibiotic free); I only used brisket bones but you can use one type of bone or a mixture.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 bay leaves
1 tablespoon peppercorns
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1 medium peeled carrot
1 stalk celery
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place bones on a baking sheet and coat all sides with olive oil. Place in oven and roast for 1 hour, turning once.
3. Meanwhile, slice ends of celery and carrot, and cut into chunks.
4. Remove bones from oven and place in a slow cooker.
5. Add in carrot, celery, bay leaves, peppercorns, turmeric (anti-inflammatory spice), vinegar, carrot, and celery.
6. Stir to combine.
7. Pour enough water to cover all ingredients and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
8. Remove cover from slow cooker and skim off fat.
9. Place a strainer over a large bowl and pour bone broth through strainer, throwing away vegetables and bones.
10. You may also keep meat from bones to make a soup or add to stir fry.
11. Place broth in canning jars and store in refrigerator for four to five days or pour into 1-cup muffin trays and place in freezer until frozen.
12. Then pop out and place into bags and record date cooked; freeze for up to two months.
I love to travel. I have a subscription to Travel & Leisure purely to read about locations I will one day visit. And I believe it is so important to show the world to our children. With that being said, we don’t often leave the state. So, we tr...
This recipe is so simple and so good. It's a favorite on a busy weeknight when I don't have a lot of time to prepare. It works as a side dish or an entree -- I like it as is, while my husband loves it with leftover chicken and rice mixed in. The juic...
This recipe is inspired by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, who recommends eating Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, and Seeds every day (G-BOMBS). The saute includes many of those. I love to make it for dinner and have leftovers the next day for lunch. I s...
Salmon just screams spring! I added mine on top a bed of fresh spinach and mediterranean-inspired toppings....
Start your day off right with this power packed Superfood Turmeric Berry Smoothie. Not only do you get the nutrient packed berries, but adding in Further Food's Daily Turmeric Tonic provides lots of added benefits to keep you feeling healthy and s...
These quinoa plantain pancakes are super easy to prepare. Just one blender needed with 3 key ingredients, plus some optional spices and rising agents! They’re dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, super fluffy, and delicious!...
Send this to friend