Inspired by my friend from culinary school’s love for Clif Bar’s, we developed this recipe in order to find a breakfast bar that she could make herself. This recipe is high in Magnesium, antioxidants, and fiber.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Amy Shapiro, MS, RD, CDN
Raspberry Energy Bars
1/2 cup of almonds
1/2 cup of almond butter
1 cup rolled oats
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 cup of maple syrup
2 tablespoons of coconut oil
1/4 cup of pureed raspberries
1 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pulse almonds and dates in a food processor until the almonds are broken down and a paste begins to form.
- Add 1/2 cup of rolled oats and almond butter into the food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Add the other 1/2 cup of rolled oats and pulse just until combined.
- Take dry ingredients out of the food processor and place in a bowl.
- Add the raspberries and scraped vanilla bean into the bowl and mix together with a spatula.
- In a small pan on medium-high heat, heat the maple syrup and coconut oil for about five minutes or until bubbles start to form.
- Take off heat and pour over dry mixture.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon mix the entire mixture together. The mixture can be hard to work with, so be sure to show everyone your arm strength when mixing this!
- Once all of the ingredients are well combined, roll onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Spread the mixture out evenly so that it forms a rectangle at least four inch high (this mixture will not rise).
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Per Serving: Calories: 373; Total Fat: 16g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 7mg; Potassium: 459mg; Carbohydrate: 39g; Fiber: 5g; Sugar: 24g; Protein: 7g
Nutrition Bonus: Iron: 11%; Calcium: 10%
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
By Further Food
Go back to those bright summer days with this Tropical Green Smoothie! Its vibrant colors and refreshing look go perfectly with its refreshing, light taste. A mix of antioxidant-rich tropical fruits like mangos, oranges and pineapples with heart-heal...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...