Who can resist crunchy, roasted, light chickpeas as a snack? While delicious, this recipe is perfect for those who suffer from eczema, both alleviating and preventing symptoms. And it is so easy to make—take only 20 minutes off your busy schedule to prepare it with just 3 simple ingredients!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Nikki Nies, MS,RD, LD
Crunchy Garlic Roasted Chickpeas
1/2 can chickpeas
1/2 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain chickpeas, pour into a colander or sieve and rinse for about thirty seconds.
- Pat the chickpeas dry over several layers of paper towels.
- Place dried chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas, and add the garlic powder and salt to taste.
- Toss everything together with your hands until the oil and spices are evenly distributed over the chickpeas.
- Roast for 15 minutes, removing from the oven and tossing with a spatula half way through.
- If you want them a bit crispier still, throw them in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Calories: 172; Total Fat: 5 g; Saturated Fat: 0 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 563 mg; Potassium: 8 mg; Carbohydrate: 26 g; Fiber: 6 g; Sugar: 3 g; Protein: 8 g
Vitamin C: 0%; Vitamin A: 0%; Iron: 8%; Calcium: 3%;
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...
By Ruby Arter
Meatballs are a crowd pleaser. These take 10 minutes to assemble and require minimal attention while cooking. We often have a batch of these in the freezer, ready to reheat. They’re low FODMAP and gluten free and are best enjoyed with rice, glut...