These Dark Chocolate Candied Walnut Clusters are a lower carb, vegan treat. They’re also gluten free and easy to make!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Dianne Rishikof, MS, RDN, LDN
Dark Chocolate Candied Walnut Clusters
For the Chocolates:
2-3 cups 70% chocolate chunks (can use dark paleo chips)
2 cups candied walnuts (see recipe below)
For Candied Walnuts:
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 cups raw walnuts (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
1/4 cup maple syrup
xylitol (for sprinkling; can use coconut sugar for paleo)
cinnamon (for sprinkling)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees, while you prepare your walnuts.
2. Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Stir them for 3 minutes, then sprinkle with salt and maple syrup. Stir for 2-3 more minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners, and distribute the walnuts evenly into each cup. 4. Distribute the chocolate evenly on top of the nuts.
5. Place the muffin tin in the oven for about 5 minutes, or just until the chocolate is melted. Use an oven mitt to remove it from the oven.
6. Gently tap the muffin tin on the counter to help the melted chocolate settle into the crevices. 7. Sprinkle with the xylitol and cinnamon while the chocolate is still melted.
8. Cool in the fridge, until the chocolate is set up. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 227; Total Fat: 19g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 47mg; Potassium: 14mg; Carbohydrate: 13g; Fiber: 4g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 4g
Nutrition Bonus: Iron: 10%
You Might Also Like
Just because I haven’t been eating meat aside from eggs and fish doesn’t mean I’m sacrificing my enjoyment of grilled food. I’ve been cooking up lots of delicious summer inspired dishes that are PERFECT for the grill (or grill pan)! And the b...
Forget plain black iced teas... supercharge your health and stay hydrated with MATCHA detox iced tea that's been boosted with superfoods such as cordyceps mushrooms, ashwagandha, ginger, and wheatgrass! I love having this as an after lunch pick-me-up...
This chocolate frosty smoothie could be eaten for breakfast or dessert.. its that good! What makes it even better is that it’s totally healthy for you! What makes it healthy: Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! The tiny seeds contain so ...
An easy, 12 minute dinner with the perfect sweet and salty flavor combo! I picked up some of their fresh Norwegian Atlantic Salmon and it had the best texture for this Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Salmon. Seriously such an affordable way to get high qual...
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of chia pudding. And I absolutely love this low-carb berry and tahini combo. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s packed with antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats, and protein, too! Mixed Berry & Tahini Ch...
By Gretchen Otte
I created this yummy new way to eat your eggs. It gives you that craving for a breakfast pastry, but without all the flour and carbs! It's all egg! This is great for my Type 1 Diabetes condition because it is all protein and no harmful processed carb...