Baking fish “en papillote” (“in parchment” in French) is a fast and delicious method. The fish cooks inside the parchment in its own juices, resulting in great flavor and an easy clean-up. It’s also a great way to avoid the excessive amounts of oil sometimes used during pan frying.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Heather Goesch, MPH, RDN, LDN
Lemon Basil Salmon En Papillote (in parchment) with Asparagus and Zucchini
2 (4 ounce) salmon filets
6 basil leaves
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon (thinly sliced)
1 zucchini (thinly sliced)
1 bunch of asparagus (chopped into 1-inch pieces)
Salt and pepper (to taste)
2 squares of parchment paper
- Place a large baking sheet on middle rack of oven and preheat to 400°F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper and cut 3-4 half inch slices in each piece of salmon.
- Roll one basil leaf and stuff into each slit in the salmon.
- Arrange the zucchini and asparagus in mounds in the center of each parchment square.
- Drizzle vegetables with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place one piece of salmon atop each mound.
- Drizzle each filet with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper and top with lemon slices.
- Fold the parchment paper to ensure that the salmon is completely enclosed.
- Transfer to the hot baking sheet and cook for 18 minutes.
- After baked, transfer salmon to plates and carefully open packages to allow steam to release before serving. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 404; Total Fat: 17g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 10g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Sodium: 1365mg; Potassium: 887mg; Carbohydrate: 14g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 29g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit C: 74%; Vit A: 22%; Iron:7%
You Might Also Like
If you’re looking for a quick and easy, fuss free yet incredible flavorful way to spice up your fish to add to your weekly lunch or dinner rotation then look no further friend, this sweet and spicy, sugar free, 6 minute chipotle BBQ salmon is exa...
By Mackenzie Burgess
This Massaged Kale Salad with Chicken is the perfect, protein-packed dish. Featuring fall produce of your choice so you can customize with your favorites. Add this recipe to your meal prep routine, holiday table, or party platter!...
These Green Superfood Smoothie Parfaits have been on rotation over here and for a good reason! They’re delicious, loaded with nutrients, and contain ingredients that are known to promote breast milk production. Ever since having my baby 3 months...
Low carb, high protein and super simple to make… it’s like everyone’s dreams came true and arrived in the form of a breakfast egg cup! And just because this recipe is low carb doesn’t mean it is low in flavor. These Low Carb Egg Muffins are p...
By Olivia Giordano
Summer is my favorite season for many reasons, the top being that the farmer's markets are absolutely flooded with gorgeous produce. I picked up some organic raspberries the other day and decided to make these hearty breakfast muffins. They're high i...
Make this colorful dish for dinner any day of the week! Mahi Mahi is so easy to make plus it's tender and delicious. The homemade mango salsa is the perfect topping and bursts with flavor. Incorporating more fish into your diet is great for heart hea...