Easy healthy rosemary chicken salad with anchovy, lemon kale, creamy avocado, and chewy wheat berries is the perfect easy meal made in under 30 minutes. In this recipe, you can also find an easy way how to make perfect chicken breast, moist and tender!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Liz Lederman
Lemon Chicken Avocado Salad
2 organic chicken breast, skinless
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 sprig of rosemary
2 tablespoon olive oil
a big bunch of curly kale, stems removed
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 anchovy fillet, minced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
juice of a small lemon
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 ripe avocado, sliced and drizzled with lemon juice
1 cup of cooked wheat berries
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
pea shoots to garnish
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Chicken – Wash the chicken breasts and drain with a paper towel. Score chicken breasts using a sharp knife for even cooking and allow the marinade to penetrate deeper. Mix all ingredients for marinade in the mortar until it turns in aromatic oil. Combine rosemary oil and chicken, mix gently. Marinate for about 15 minutes. You can also marinate the chicken for up to 8 hours in the refrigerator, turning the bag over occasionally during the day.
- Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees.
- Heat cast iron skillet thoroughly over medium-high heat. Place room temperature chicken breasts in and cook until brown on both sides. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Cooking time can vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Kale – Start by removing the ribs from the kale and trimming it of any big thick stems. Mix all ingredients for lemon vinaigrette in the bowl using a which. In a large mixing bowl put the kale and lemon dressing. Using clean hands start massaging the kale salad and continue to do this for about 1-2 minutes. Taste the salad and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Transfer kale to serving dish. Top with avocado slices. Slice the fried chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad. Sprinkle the salad with wheat berries, toasted pine nuts, pomegranate arils and pink peppercorns. Garnish with pea shoots. Serve warm or chilled with a grilled lemon.
Per Serving: Calories: 393; Total Fat: 32 g; Saturated Fat: 4 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 17 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g; Cholesterol: 1 mg; Sodium: 163 mg; Potassium: 623 mg; Carbohydrate: 25 g; Fiber: 9 g; Sugar: 4 g; Protein: 8 g
Vitamin C: 170%; Vitamin A: 7%; Iron: 8%; Calcium: 12%
You Might Also Like
By Karen Tayeh, Nutritionist
Since diabetes, whether its gestational, Type I or Type II, involves lowering carb intake and increasing healthy lean protein and healthy fats, this meal does it all! One serving of this chicken dish equals less than 15g of carbohydrate (most of i...
By Hillary Bergh
I love chicken wings. Who doesn't? Chiles are a no-go for me, so I opt for the heat of ginger and a little lime. If I'm headed for a picnic or potluck, these are my default, along with a big chopped salad. I also often make these at home for movie ni...
By Caitlin Rule
You might be surprised at the ingredients in the delicious smoothie! Have you ever had cauliflower or chickpeas in a smoothie? They help to make this filling drink flavorful, ultra smooth and rich. Plus you get protein from the collagen, antioxidant...
By Vince Lia
Not only are these brownie bites rich and decadent, but they are also completely raw, vegan, and easy to make. I have made it a point to remove any processed sugar from my diet and eat organic whenever possible. I have found that removing processed s...
By Beth Romanski
This protein boosted vanilla milkshake is a great option for when you are craving something sweet but still want to eat something nutritious....
By Jessica Espinoza
I love local organic zucchini, and I am always trying to figure out new ways to fix it. The other night, I was craving something fried — something breaded and fried. So, I looked in the fridge to assess what I had on hand and low and behold, zucc...