Easy healthy rosemary chicken salad with anchovy, lemon kale, creamy avocado, and chewy wheat berries is the perfect easy meal made in under 30 minutes. In this recipe, you can also find an easy way how to make perfect chicken breast, moist and tender!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Liz Lederman
Lemon Chicken Avocado Salad
2 organic chicken breast, skinless
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 sprig of rosemary
2 tablespoon olive oil
a big bunch of curly kale, stems removed
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 anchovy fillet, minced
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive oil
juice of a small lemon
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 ripe avocado, sliced and drizzled with lemon juice
1 cup of cooked wheat berries
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup pomegranate arils
pea shoots to garnish
sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Chicken – Wash the chicken breasts and drain with a paper towel. Score chicken breasts using a sharp knife for even cooking and allow the marinade to penetrate deeper. Mix all ingredients for marinade in the mortar until it turns in aromatic oil. Combine rosemary oil and chicken, mix gently. Marinate for about 15 minutes. You can also marinate the chicken for up to 8 hours in the refrigerator, turning the bag over occasionally during the day.
- Preheat the oven up to 375 degrees.
- Heat cast iron skillet thoroughly over medium-high heat. Place room temperature chicken breasts in and cook until brown on both sides. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for about 7-10 minutes. Cooking time can vary depending on the size of the chicken breasts.
- Kale – Start by removing the ribs from the kale and trimming it of any big thick stems. Mix all ingredients for lemon vinaigrette in the bowl using a which. In a large mixing bowl put the kale and lemon dressing. Using clean hands start massaging the kale salad and continue to do this for about 1-2 minutes. Taste the salad and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Transfer kale to serving dish. Top with avocado slices. Slice the fried chicken breasts and arrange on top of the salad. Sprinkle the salad with wheat berries, toasted pine nuts, pomegranate arils and pink peppercorns. Garnish with pea shoots. Serve warm or chilled with a grilled lemon.
Per Serving: Calories: 393; Total Fat: 32 g; Saturated Fat: 4 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 17 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 8 g; Cholesterol: 1 mg; Sodium: 163 mg; Potassium: 623 mg; Carbohydrate: 25 g; Fiber: 9 g; Sugar: 4 g; Protein: 8 g
Vitamin C: 170%; Vitamin A: 7%; Iron: 8%; Calcium: 12%
You Might Also Like
By Dana James
Last week I received a desperate call from a girlfriend. “I need a fish recipe to impress a new man”. I’m pretty simple with my fish recipes and they usually go along the lines of… firm fish (like wild salmon or halibut) cooked in a cast iron...
By Janine tandy
This is our interpretation of a classic!...
By Jessica Flanigan
Who doesn’t love a great pumpkin dessert? I made these the night before a little dinner party I was having, and wanted to make something that no one would guess is AIP. I decided on organic apple butter as a secret sweetening ingredient for my pump...
By Further Food
Go back to those bright summer days with this Tropical Green Smoothie! Its vibrant colors and refreshing look go perfectly with its refreshing, light taste. A mix of antioxidant-rich tropical fruits like mangos, oranges and pineapples with heart-heal...
By balance with b
The first time I made the salmon burgers, I seared them in my cast iron for a few minutes on each side, ensuring crispy edges and a juicy middle. This time I decided to bake them in the oven, they were still really juicy and just as flavorful, but we...
By Ruby Arter
Meatballs are a crowd pleaser. These take 10 minutes to assemble and require minimal attention while cooking. We often have a batch of these in the freezer, ready to reheat. They’re low FODMAP and gluten free and are best enjoyed with rice, glut...