I love sweet potatoes. Once my sweet tooth recognized the real sweetness in whole foods, I began to appreciate so many new foods. Sweet potatoes are definitely a favorite and so simple to prepare!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Amy Shapiro, MS, RD, CDN
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Avocado Dipping Sauce
2 large sweet potatoes (washed, cubed)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Avocado Dipping Sauce:
1 avocado (halved)
1 large clove garlic (peeled and chopped)
juice from 1 lime
2-4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes. Cut into small 1/2″ square pieces and place on a baking pan. Spread evenly.
- Slowly drizzle olive oil over the top. Do not worry about covering each potato.
- With your hands, flip the potatoes over on the pan and make sure that the olive oil covers each one lightly. Make sure to once again evenly spread on the pan.
- Lightly sprinkle sea salt over the top. Place in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the tops are lightly browned. (I like mine extra crispy!)
For the avocado dipping sauce:
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.
- Scoop out the avocado and place in a blender.
- Add the garlic, lime juice and salt.
- Blend until somewhat smooth and creamy.
- Slowly add the water, until very smooth, then slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until well mixed and creamy.
Per Serving: Calories: 188; Total Fat: 13g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Monounsaturated Fat: 9g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 3mg; Sodium: 178mg; Potassium: 380mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 7g; Protein: 2g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit A: 220%; Vit C: 28%; Iron: 4%
You Might Also Like
Just because I haven’t been eating meat aside from eggs and fish doesn’t mean I’m sacrificing my enjoyment of grilled food. I’ve been cooking up lots of delicious summer inspired dishes that are PERFECT for the grill (or grill pan)! And the b...
Forget plain black iced teas... supercharge your health and stay hydrated with MATCHA detox iced tea that's been boosted with superfoods such as cordyceps mushrooms, ashwagandha, ginger, and wheatgrass! I love having this as an after lunch pick-me-up...
This chocolate frosty smoothie could be eaten for breakfast or dessert.. its that good! What makes it even better is that it’s totally healthy for you! What makes it healthy: Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! The tiny seeds contain so ...
An easy, 12 minute dinner with the perfect sweet and salty flavor combo! I picked up some of their fresh Norwegian Atlantic Salmon and it had the best texture for this Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Salmon. Seriously such an affordable way to get high qual...
It’s no secret that I am a huge fan of chia pudding. And I absolutely love this low-carb berry and tahini combo. Not only does it taste amazing, but it’s packed with antioxidants, fibre, healthy fats, and protein, too! Mixed Berry & Tahini Ch...
By Gretchen Otte
I created this yummy new way to eat your eggs. It gives you that craving for a breakfast pastry, but without all the flour and carbs! It's all egg! This is great for my Type 1 Diabetes condition because it is all protein and no harmful processed carb...