1 (3-pound) spaghetti squash
3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon melted ghee or extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 ½ teaspoons sea salt, divided
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper, divided
2 ½ pounds Roma tomatoes, quartered
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 pounds medium wild-caught shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
½ cup chopped fresh parsley
2 cups chopped chard, spinach, or baby kale
juice of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Carefully cut the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds.
3. Rub 1 teaspoon of the ghee all over the skin of the squash and on the surface of the cut sides. Sprinkle the cut sides with ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
4. Place the halves cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Place the tomatoes in a 9-by-12-inch baking dish and drizzle with the remaining 3 tablespoons of ghee, garlic, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Toss to combine.
6. Place both the squash and the tomato mixture in the oven, with the tomatoes on the higher rack.
7. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, stirring the tomatoes once halfway through. The squash should be slightly soft to the touch.
8. Pull the squash out and set aside until cool enough to handle.
9. Add the shrimp, parsley, chard, and lemon juice to the tomato dish and stir to combine. Return the dish to the oven and continue roasting for 20 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through.
10. Use a fork to loosen the strings of noodles from the squash and transfer them to serving bowls. Top with the shrimp and tomato sauce.
When I lived in Spain during the summers between my college years and then one more time again while I was receiving my Master’s Degree; in Spanish- I used to eat these Spanish Omelettes or Spanish Tortillas every single day! The majority of the ti...
Açaí bowls have been all the rage lately. With a new Açaí shop popping up on every corner its hard not to have heard about this fruit. However, if you are buying an Açaí bowl at one of these shops, it is crucial to ask what ingredients they use...
Sunny asparagus, tasty mushrooms, fresh sun-dried tomatoes and basil are the perfect ingredients for this summer risotto recipe. This creamy risotto manages to stay light with the use of fresh veggies and herbs! This recipe is the perfect Sunday...
Lately I have been really into using cardamom. It’s such a deliciously aromatic spice. So, I have been doing a lot of experimenting with it. I initially created this citrus avocado cardamom dressing recipe for a kelp noodle dish I was making, and I...
It's not just a burger sandwich, it's a double-hitter: the casein in the haloumi will help you find your bliss again, while the omega 3 in grass fed beef will provide the brain power you need to realize s/he might not have been all that perfect after...
Tonight my parents asked me to cook dinner for them. I know that they don’t really eat the way that I do so I wanted to change it up. This recipe works for people on the detox and those who aren't! It’s gluten free, dairy free, salt free, all ...
Send this to friend