Since I became vegan, I have heard a lot about cauliflower pizza crust and have to say that I have always been skeptical about it. I mean, I am Italian! How can a cauliflower replace a wheat flour? After several attempts I can say that I am quite near to the perfect result. This cauliflower pizza crust is tasty, crispy and healthy. Of course, it’s still a cauliflower pizza crust, so don’t expect to eat pizza! BUT it tastes similar and more importantly, this version is healthier, lighter and something you can eat everyday without that guilty feeling!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
Flax seeds have been in the news for the past few years and for good reason. As a superfood, they provide the highly coveted omega-3s which are great for lowering risk of coronary heart disease as well as improving cholesterol levels. They are also packed with fiber but low in carbohydrates! This recipe alone offers 15g which is nearly 60% of the daily recommendation. Not only fats and fiber, flax seeds also pack 15g of protein which is needed to fuel and refuel your muscles.
By Ale Zozos
Vegan Cauliflower Pizza Crust
For the crust:
2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons water
1 medium head cauliflower
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
3 tablespoons almond meal
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ teaspoon dried rosemary
10 tablespoons or 1/2 cup organic tomato sauce
1 cup rocket leaves
10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
½ avocado (sliced)
2 champignon mushrooms (sliced)
50 ml or 1.5 ounces balsamic vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 180°C or 350 F.
2. Prepare the egg replacement: whisk flax seeds and water together and let stand 5-10 minutes until thick, gelatinous and gloppy.
3. Prepare the cauliflower: chop the florets into small pieces, place into a food processor and blend until pureed.
4. Steam the cauliflower for 3-5 minutes until it becomes soft, then place it into a paper towel and squeeze all the excess water. Do it for several times until no more water comes out.
5. Combine the cauliflower in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and hand mix very well.
6. Spread the dough into a pizza shape if you have one otherwise on a baking tray.
7. Bake at 180°C (350F) for about 25/30 minutes, until the top is golden brown then flip and cooked the other side for 10 minute (just be careful not to destroy the dough while you flip it).
8. Then take out of the oven and top with tomato sauce, rocket leaves, cherry tomatoes, avocado slices and mushrooms (previously cooked on a saucepan).
9. Drizzle with a reduction of balsamic vinegar (just heat the balsamic vinegar in a saucepan till it becomes thick) and enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories: 270; Total Fat: 10g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 0mg; Sodium: 993mg; Potassium: 511mg; Carbohydrate: 35g; Fiber: 15g; Sugar: 17g; Protein: 16g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit C: 383%; Iron: 18%; Calcium: 14%
Feed Your Friends... Share This Recipe Today
Feel Amazing Everyday
with Further Collagen
- Lose weight
- Reverse aging
- Strenghten bones and joints
You Might Also Like
By Nikki Dinki
When it's cold outside, I just want a big bowl of soup. This comfort soup combines lentils and brussels sprouts. I love using vegetables in unique ways, and here the brussels sprouts are both in and on top of the soup. The addition of the chipotle an...
By Nicole Brownie
Perfect protein packed fall treat for when you are craving something sweet....
By Cameron Linville
Want to feel like you are eating breakfast out of a Pintrest board even though you have zero idea how to DIY anything? This breakfast will help you achieve that goal. It will also make you feel the emotions every millennial female strives to capture ...
By Erica Winn
As the seasons change and we shift into fall, soups and stews start to sound more and more delicious. There is something comforting and warming about a good chili, and we love this Paleo squash chili because it is full of fall flavors, textures and c...
By Dr. Joel Kahn
Vegan, nut-free, refined sugar-free. A veggie-packed, light-on-the-noodles noodle bowl that’s paired with a quick and easy homemade Teriyaki sauce. Go ahead and customize this noodle bowl with whatever veggies you have on hand to use up. To add pr...
By Bri Blank
On a chilly autumn day, there’s nothing quite like a bowl of hearty soup to warm your body and your soul. Pumpkin is a prominent flavor during fall, and although some people may disagree with its “basic” trendiness, it’s a delicious, nutrient...