Desserts are part of every dinner party table, and they’re certainly what I look forward to the most! But between aunt Sally’s IBS, uncle Ned’s Celiac’s disease, and little Joe’s autoimmune issue, gluten has been cut out of many menus. Avoiding gluten has become a solution for many, but with all these restrictions, there can be a lot of stress involved in figuring out what to make for your sensitive guests!
Here are some completely gluten-free dessert recipes that range from fruit to chocolate, and will leave all your guests feeling satisfied and impressed. Even uncle Ned.
1. Magically moist five ingredient almond cake: This gluten-free cake is a cinch! With only five ingredients, and no technique necessary, this cake will quickly become your dinner party go to. The almond flavors pair nicely with pears, apricots, and berries. So if you feel like getting creative chop up some fruit and fold it into your batter before baking.
2. Double Chocolate Maple Bacon Cookies: Bacon and chocolate, is an odd, but winning combo. These cookies are sinfully divine to those with varying allergies, and to those without any!
3. Tofu Chocolate Pie: This recipe can be made gluten-free simply by using a gluten-free pie crust! And best yet, this protein-packed, lightly sweetened pie can make for a guilt-free breakfast.
4. Brownie Bites: Not only are these brownie bites rich and decadent, but they are also completely raw, vegan, and easy to make!
5. Chocolate Bark: This is a melt-in-your-mouth bark that’s healthy and delicious, featuring popped amaranth grains, toasted almonds, sea-salt, and 70% dark chocolate full of known antioxidants!
6. Gluten-Free Almond Oat Cookie: These cookies are made with whole oat flour, almond butter, and coconut oil, and I promise, they will take you there. By there I mean the holiday cookie oasis we all seek. They are also pretty darn decent for you, for a cookie and all. So crunch away! And gift to all your gluten-free buddies.
7. Pumpkin Pie: Pumpkin pie is a holiday favorite, that doesn’t have to stop at Thanksgiving. This gluten-free pie has a gingerbread crust that keeps your whole year festive and delicious!
8. Luscious Lemon-Coconut Cake: This coconut cake recipe is super easy and most importantly super delicious. I would choose this gluten free cake over another cake made with wheat flour any day! Brighten it up with berries or our coconut whipped cream.
9. Flourless Chocolate Cake: The dessert table isn’t about diet, deprivation and denial, but it shouldn’t be about mindlessly stuffing yourself either! This is a decadent gluten-free, soy-free cake that is rich and indulgent, but worth relishing every bite. It’s also very simple to pull together for that last minute dinner party!
Note: PLEASE consult with your doctor before making any changes to your diet or medications. The material on this site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.