Yep! We went and said it – these are the best salmon patties! And the magic green sauce is like the cherry on top! It’s such a tasty combo and super easy to make (I mean isn’t that kind of the best part?!). Delicious and easy pretty much always wins at our house. This recipe for the best salmon patties is both Paleo and Whole30 compliant, and honestly you can probably sneak them past your kids and husbands as just another delicious meal!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Liz Lederman
Salmon Patties with Avocado Parsley Sauce (Gluten-Free, Paleo, Whole30)
For the salmon cakes:
4 cans wild salmon (6oz cans)
2 tablespoons arrowroot flour (OMIT if keto)
1 shallot, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons parsley, finely diced
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup parsley
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 lemon, juice of
2 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper, to taste
- To prepare the sauce, place all sauce ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add more water if desired depending on the consistency you want. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, as desired. Set aside.
- For the salmon cakes, chop shallot, garlic and parsley as noted. Add all of the ingredients for the salmon cakes through the pepper to a medium size bowl. Mash everything together with a large fork or your hands. Form the salmon mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 1 tbsp avocado oil.
- Once the skillet is hot, place the salmon cakes in the skillet to cook. Cook, without disturbing, for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown on the outside.
- Drizzle some of the sauce over the salmon patties and enjoy.
Per Serving: Calories: 497; Total Fat: 33 g; Saturated Fat: 5 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 18 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 75 mg; Sodium: 947 mg; Potassium: 278 mg; Carbohydrate: 10 g; Fiber: 3 g; Sugar: 2 g; Protein: 36 g
Vitamin C: 44%; Vitamin A: 17%; Iron: 11%; Calcium: 3%