The combination of crunchy cauliflower and mild Indian spices in this Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower Collagen Soup is mesmerizing. From curry powder to cumin, the various spices you can add to your soup gives it an exotic, earthy taste, as well as plenty of antioxidants to wash out free radicals from the body. Here is an example–just cumin can help prevent cancer and aid in digestion by stimulating the pancreas and intestines. The roasted cauliflower, aside from also providing antioxidants, is an incredible source of vitamin C and anti-inflammatories to strengthen the immune system. And we can’t deny that cauliflower, green beans and tomatoes are a colorful, delicious mix! In addition, by adding just four scoops of collagen, you can get smoother skin, stronger bones and muscles. This mouth-watering dish is a must for cold, lazy nights!
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Katie Bishop
Tandoori Roasted Cauliflower Soup
8 cups bite-size cauliflower florets (divided)
2 1/2 teaspoons curry powder (divided)
1 teaspoon salt (divided)
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 cups diced onion
1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon ginger (minced)
1 teaspoon mustard seed
1 teaspoon cumin
4 cups fat-free chicken broth
1 can tomatoes (diced & drained)
2 cups green beans (cut into bite-size pieces)
4 heaping tablespoons (4 scoops) Further Food Collagen
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
1 tablespoon Daily Turmeric Tonic
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place cauliflower in large bowl an coat with nonstick spray.
- Add curry powder and salt to bowl and toss.
- Spread cauliflower on prepared pan and roast, stirring once half way through, about 30 minutes.
- While cauliflower roasts, heat coconut oil in large soup pot.
- Add onion and remaining salt. Cook, stirring often, until slightly softened (about 5 minutes).
- Add garlic, ginger, mustard, cumin seeds and remaining curry powder.
- Cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Add remaining cauliflower florets and broth to pot, and increase heat to high to bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer (uncovered), until cauliflower is very soft, or about 15-20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup in pot.*
- Stir in tomatoes and green beans.
- Cook, uncovered, until green beans are tender, or about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, collagen and roasted cauliflower, and sprinkle with Daily Turmeric Tonic and basil.
*If using countertop blender, puree in batches.
Calories: 188; Total Fat: 4 g; Saturated Fat: 1 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 1145 mg; Potassium: 720 mg; Carbohydrate: 30 g; Fiber: 9 g; Sugar: 14 g; Protein: 17 g
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A: 9%; Iron: 13%; Calcium: 11%; Vitamin C: 211%;
You Might Also Like
Want to know one of my favorite things about summer? All the fun and fresh produce! And while most people associate watermelon, peaches, cherries, etc. with the summer season, I bet you didn’t know about the wide variety of melons that are also in ...
By Bryn Lutes
I love salmon! I used to be convinced that I was not a fan of fish, but my girlfriend made this dish for me and completely changed my mind :)...
Recipe testing truly pays off when you finally create an idea you’ve had in your head perfectly. The texture of these Chocolate Protein Waffles is incredible and the taste is oh so chocolaty. I also used Bobs Red Mill Paleo flour to keep these glu...
By Rowena Rivera
Beets - you either love them or you hate them, but everyone can agree that these dark hued roots do amazing things for your health. On Earth Day this year I wanted to celebrate with a fun recipe "of the earth" and what better way to celebrate than wi...
Just because I haven’t been eating meat aside from eggs and fish doesn’t mean I’m sacrificing my enjoyment of grilled food. I’ve been cooking up lots of delicious summer inspired dishes that are PERFECT for the grill (or grill pan)! And the b...
An easy, 12 minute dinner with the perfect sweet and salty flavor combo! I picked up some of their fresh Norwegian Atlantic Salmon and it had the best texture for this Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Salmon. Seriously such an affordable way to get high qual...