Give your body that boost of Vitamin A with this Roasted Carrot Soup. Enjoy it warm during winter nights while receiving plenty of nutrients your body needs. Did you know carrots are one of the richest sources of vitamin A, helping improve your vision and immune system? The lentils provide the abundant fiber, keeping your gut healthy and functioning perfectly. Add as much of paprika, cumin, coriander, curry powder as you want. These spices give this Roasted Carrot Soup its exotic, strong taste, as well as providing you with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, the collagen protein keeps your bones strong, as well as your skin soft and hydrated.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Guramrit Khalsa
Roasted Carrot Soup with Collagen Boost
2 pounds orange carrots
2-3 white carrots, or 1 large parsnip
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee*
2 teaspoons Turmeric Tonic(or 1 teaspoon turmeric and 1/2 teaspoon ginger)
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
1 large onion (diced)
1 large stalk of celery (diced)
5 tablespoons red lentils (rinsed)
1/4 cup brown rice (rinsed)
6 cups of filtered water or veggie/chicken stock
2 tablespoons tamari
1 can full fat coconut milk
3 heaping tablespoons (3 scoops) Further Food Collagen Peptides or Further Food Premium Marine Collagen
sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Clean and peel carrots, if necessary. Cut into 1-inch chunks and add to a large bowl.
3. Add olive oil, salt and pepper and mix to coat the carrots.
4. Roast in the oven for approximately 25-35 minutes or until edges of the carrots have slightly browned.
5. In a large pot melt the coconut oil on low-medium heat.
6. Add the Turmeric Tonic and curry powder and simmer gently for a minute.
7. Add the diced onions and sauté for about 10 minutes. Add the celery and cook for another five minutes.
8. Add the red lentils, brown rice, water or stock and tamari. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low-medium and simmer for 20 minutes.
9. Add roasted carrots and let soup simmer for another 10 minutes.
10. Add in can of coconut milk and collagen. Season with some salt and pepper if desired.
11. Turn off the heat and let the soup cool down for about 10 minutes. Purée in blender.
Calories: 398; Total Fat: 15 g; Saturated Fat: 4 g; Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g; Polyunsaturated Fat: 0 g; Cholesterol: 0 mg; Sodium: 522 mg; Potassium: 622 mg; Carbohydrate: 45 g; Fiber: 11 g; Sugar: 16 g; Protein: 15 g
Nutrition Bonus: Vit A: 765%; Iron: 15%; Calcium: 10%;Vitamin C: 8%;
You Might Also Like
Funny story: I used to be terrified to make ceviche at home. I would always order it out at restaurants and loved having it at friend’s houses, but making it on own?? That was a no-go! That was until I had a homemade version and saw that it really ...
By Karen Tayeh, Nutritionist
Since diabetes, whether its gestational, Type I or Type II, involves lowering carb intake and increasing healthy lean protein and healthy fats, this meal does it all! One serving of this chicken dish equals less than 15g of carbohydrate (most of i...
By Hillary Bergh
I love chicken wings. Who doesn't? Chiles are a no-go for me, so I opt for the heat of ginger and a little lime. If I'm headed for a picnic or potluck, these are my default, along with a big chopped salad. I also often make these at home for movie ni...
So many of you have been requesting easy meal prep ideas! If you know me, you know how much this excites me since I’m all about the convenient and the healthy. Being able to prep a whole meal using just simple, clean ingredients that can power me t...
A delicious and fun plant based recipe that you can make for dinner, as an appetizer, or even a healthy snack! We’re trying to do more meatless dinners over here but it can get boring if you rely on the same recipe as your go to. I definitely fall ...
By Caitlin Rule
You might be surprised at the ingredients in the delicious smoothie! Have you ever had cauliflower or chickpeas in a smoothie? They help to make this filling drink flavorful, ultra smooth and rich. Plus you get protein from the collagen, antioxidant...