Further Food Commentary:
At only about 90 calories per 3-ounce serving, mild-flavored and versatile haddock offers a whopping 20 grams of protein. It also contains a small amount of omega-3 fats, as well as phosphorous, magnesium, iron, calcium, and vitamins B6 and B12 to promote a healthy immune system, strong bones, muscles and blood cells. Considered a low-mercury fish, haddock is safe to consume -- even for pregnant women -- in amounts up to 12 ounces per week.
Tangy mustard, briny olives, garlic, lemon and fresh herbs provide bold flavor to this mild-flavored fish, and bring their own lengthy list of health benefits, including heart-smart fats, phytochemicals, antioxidant vitamins and minerals.
Roasted Haddock with Dijon-Lemon Sauce
- 1 pound haddock (cut into 4 equal pieces)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat parsley (chopped)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3-6 kalamata olives (finely chopped)
- ¼-½ teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons Superfood Turmeric
- Herbamare seasoning (to taste)
- sea salt & pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl add lemon juice, mustard, garlic and herbs (not chili powder).
- With a small whisk gradually add the olive oil. Mix until a thick consistency forms.
- Use a stainless steel baking pan (large enough for the fish to lay flat), brush bottom and sides with olive oil.
- Place fish in pan and pour sauce over fish, sprinkle with chopped olives, Herbamare* or salt and pepper, Superfood Turmeric and chili powder.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Serve!
*Herbamare is found in Whole Food markets and other health food stores, it is 12 different organic herbs seeped for 1 year with sea salt and then ground to a seasoning. Gives food an instant lift!
- per serving
- 15 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 2 grams
- Monounsaturated Fat
- 10 grams
- Polyunsaturated Fat
- 2 grams
- 65 milligrams
- 205 milligrams
- 401 milligrams
- 3 grams
- 1 grams
- 22 grams
- 22 grams
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C