Watching a movie at home always REQUIRES a side of popcorn. Now imagine this delicious non-GMO popcorn recipe with cinnamon and coconut oil! Besides being an incredible source of fiber, popcorn is suitable for many diets—including low-sugar, no-dairy, gluten-free, paleo, AIP, and vegan. Moreover, this is a much healthier alternative to those processed, microwavable popcorns! It will definitely become your favorite popcorn recipe.
Further Food Nutritionist Commentary:
By Emily Cooper
Non-GMO Popcorn with Cinnamon and Melted Coconut Oil
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1/3 cup of non-GMO popcorn kernels
Cinnamon, to taste
- Heat the oil in a 3-quart saucepan on medium high heat. Allow all of the coconut oil to melt.
- Put 3 or 4 popcorn kernels into the oil and cover the pan.
- When the kernels pop, add the rest of the 1/3 cup of popcorn kernels in an even layer.
- Cover, remove from heat and count 30 seconds.
- Return the pan to the heat. The popcorn should begin popping soon, and all at once. Once the popping starts in earnest, gently shake the pan by moving it back and forth over the burner.
- Once the popping slows to several seconds between pops, remove the pan from the heat, remove the lid, and dump the popcorn immediately into a wide bowl.
- Shake cinnamon over the popcorn.
You Might Also Like
By Bryn Lutes
I love salmon! I used to be convinced that I was not a fan of fish, but my girlfriend made this dish for me and completely changed my mind :)...
By Rowena Rivera
Beets - you either love them or you hate them, but everyone can agree that these dark hued roots do amazing things for your health. On Earth Day this year I wanted to celebrate with a fun recipe "of the earth" and what better way to celebrate than wi...
By Steph Coogan MS RDN, Nutritionist
I created this recipe because I'm a huge fan of chia puddings for breakfast! I have it at least a couple of times a week and always include some nuts and fruit for a balanced start to the day. For this recipe, I included dried plums in order to suppo...
Just because I haven’t been eating meat aside from eggs and fish doesn’t mean I’m sacrificing my enjoyment of grilled food. I’ve been cooking up lots of delicious summer inspired dishes that are PERFECT for the grill (or grill pan)! And the b...
This chocolate frosty smoothie could be eaten for breakfast or dessert.. its that good! What makes it even better is that it’s totally healthy for you! What makes it healthy: Chia seeds are a nutrition powerhouse! The tiny seeds contain so ...
An easy, 12 minute dinner with the perfect sweet and salty flavor combo! I picked up some of their fresh Norwegian Atlantic Salmon and it had the best texture for this Air Fryer Honey Sriracha Salmon. Seriously such an affordable way to get high qual...